Monday, October 10




Eat Cool J Cookies

Forget Oreos. Eat Cool J Cookies!
Remember that line of The Toddster's, from back in the day? I sure do... For some odd reason, it's one of my favorite rap lines of all time.

I heard that classic cut of LL's on the radio a few days ago, and giggled like a school girl. And haven't been able to get the line out of my head since. I knew I'd have to post it here, but had no idea in what context I could just up and write: "Forget Oreos. Eat Cool J Cookies!" Until now...


I stumbled upon this post at
ClayCane.blogspot.com, and knew right away: Here's my chance to sneak in Uncle L's crazy line. So here's an excerpt from Clay's entry about the VH1 Hip-hop Honors show, which I haven't caught yet:
Rap star Nelly and comedian Wanda Sykes portraying LL Cool J and R&B songstress Ciara at the VH1 Hip-hop Honors They began by honoring the original kat daddy of hip-hop ... yes, lawd ... LL Cool J. An excellent imitation of LL came from Nelly who was letting everyone know he is the "NEW BITCH" for hip-hop butch queen body! Sadly, Wanda "Ciara" Sykes flopped all over the stage looking like a back-back-back-up dancer for the Pussy Cat Dolls. LL hits the stage and .......... DAMN ... Apollonia called me immediately saying: "I WANT HIM ON TOP OF ME!" I admitted between Nelly with all the body and over 35 year-old body from LL Cool J -- I was grinding on the couch!!! Yes, lawddddddddddddd! Also, his performance gave me the time to acknowledge his flawless nose job! Go ahead, LL you snatch the trophy for butch queen face over 30!

I think Clay's already forgotten Oreos and is like, "Cookie! Me want cookie!!"

Thanks, Clay, for the highly entertaining wrap-up of the show. That was mad hilarious. Hell, made me feel I was right there watching it, too.


Clicks to Miles Davis catalog, but explore as you like

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL Everybody was on that "Cool J Cookies" line when that song came out. I had forgotten about it.

7:40 AM  
Blogger Clay said...

LOLOL - thanks for the shout out - im glad you enjoyed it!

6:41 PM  
Blogger Viqi French said...

"Anonymous",

You ought to give that old LL a spin sometime soon. It's still bangin'!

7:16 PM  
Blogger Viqi French said...

Hey Cane,

That's was just the most hysterical paragraph you wrote. Everytime I read it, I laugh out loud. I'm feelin' you, re: LL's ever-sexy, lip-lickin' "self" -- and Nelly's burgeoning body!

7:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i don't know why "some" knee-grows gotta always be clutching they stick in public. ewwwww. it woulda been cool if nelly wasn't doing all this postering to this degree. and yes, wanda sykes was a little tired. but what else is new? it was about da bodies. and that did not include hers or ciara's.

lady x - b'more

2:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know nothing about the butch queen thing, but both Nelly and LL were looking might fine. Don't let me meet either of them in a dark alley.

10:56 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home