Sunday, January 15




"Chuuch"! Five sinful sites for your Sunday delight

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

It's Sunday -- Church Day. Or in this case, Chuuch Day, as the Reverend Snoop Dogg would say, preaching from the Pulpit of the Blunted Soul.

So here's an almighty amen to the best blogs and/or posts I've surfed today. Don't bother asking WWJD? (i.e., What would Jesus do). 'Cause He would just click the links below, check 'em each out, shake his head perhaps, but enjoy!

1. At Graffitti - The Writings On the Wall, check out the hilarious post of 1/11/06 titled LSD: The Fountain of Youth.

2. At Hot Ghetto Mess, check out everything. The site if chock full of the most jaw-droppingly funny photos I've ever seen in cyberspace.

3. At Soul Imperialist, there's a surprising and very interesting update on the legendary Sly Stewart of Sly & The Family Stone! It's the 1/12/06 post titled, How Could I Possibly Have Not Heard About This?

4. My girl -- Strange', the legendary Grace Jones -- has what I consider the very best site on the web. Like Grace, the site is an intensely exotic mindtrip. The mood, layout and photography are mesmerizing, and each stunning photo is narrated in her own powerful words. It feels a little like you're sitting in a dark room with Grace, and you're her fascinated psychiatrist -- and she has you strapped to a chair... You're clutching the arms and thinking: WTF?!?! But she's got you so hooked, you wouldn't dare run. Meaning, she lets you deep inside her head, her life and background. So enter at your own risk The World of Grace Jones.

5. Last but not least, if you own a blog, maybe make yourself one of these by clicking the link under the box:




Viqi's Blogging is Artistic and Passionate

You see your blog as the ultimate personal expression - and work hard to make it great.

One moment you may be working on a new dramatic design for your blog...
And the next, you're passionately writing about your pet causes.

Your blog is very important - and you're careful about who you share it with.






Clicks to Miles Davis catalog, but explore as you like

13 Comments:

Blogger Lili said...

Nice to see you posting again! I love those forky little tests...thanks for sharing!

5:08 PM  
Blogger Viqi French said...

lili! you're back!! missed ya, sex-say girl. hope you and your honey have a(nother) naughty night. we'll all be checking for those juicy details. lol

5:22 PM  
Blogger Naro% said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:14 PM  
Blogger Naro% said...

Circa 1984-85
Location: Paris, France
So I'm doing the usual heading off to school and my boy tells me we gotta go see this... So we head down the Champs Elysee to the Citroen spot, and what do we see, A big ass giant Grace Jones head as you enter the Citroen Showroom...
Mind you this is Grace Jones Slave to the Rhythm era (57 versions true fans know what I mean) and I was like this woman is the BOMB!!!! If I can say one good thing about the French at least they got good taste in music, and women...
peace

8:17 PM  
Blogger Clay said...

i love the sinful sites! lol oh and i'm back !

11:04 PM  
Blogger Viqi French said...

naro,

that's a killer story! a gigantic GRACE head in the car showroom?! Gotta love the French, at least for their untouchable sense of style. it's also tres' cool that you went to school there, lucky stiff!

i'm a HUGE fan of Grace, also dating back to her Slave to the Rhythm days. I saw her perform it live back then. in the nude, wearing only white, hieroglyphic body paint by Keith Haring. oooh chile! lol

5:13 AM  
Anonymous LK!AO said...

Hey FRENCH,

Firstly my I offer 1,000 of my most sincere apologies for the hold up in responding to your kind comments....

I was completely oblivious to the fact that I had initially set up a mailing address for the site and it is for that reason that I have not answered earlier and that the comments were not published.

So...in a vain attempt at making up for my ignorance...

what do you say to answering some questions of ours...blog and HH oriented...we want to open up an interviewing section where we talk to other bloggers and we'd be honored if you'd be the first.....

Once again....our most sincere apologies...

NOYLe & LK!AO
thosetwowords@hotmail.com

5:16 AM  
Anonymous LK!AO said...

should'a added that I tried emailing you at ifo@viqifrench.com but it kept giving me ERROR...

LK!AO
thosetwowords@hotmail.com

5:18 AM  
Blogger Viqi French said...

wassup, clay!

love what you've done with your site, man. and love how your writing's blowing up!!

just don't go too clean and Hollywood on us. we still need the krazy clay to shine. so please keep blogging those hilarious pieces we adore. :-)

5:20 AM  
Anonymous LK!AO said...

dman my seplling...

obviously it was:

MAY I offer...

and

INFO@viqifrench.com

I've got to learn to take my time when doing important things...

LK!AO
thosetwowords@hotmail.com

6:11 AM  
Blogger www.akintoye.com said...

peace peace french.. thanks for the shouts out on my page.. LA is a trip.. snoop is a trip.. im'a holla at that hot ghetto mess page.. sounds hella funny.. im gonna hook up the blog some mo. ive been trying to be focus.. but im learning that it doesnt mean blocking out the world just to stay en route to where im going and wher ei wanna be. i wanna be there with yall.. feel me? hit me.. peace to ya

8:40 AM  
Blogger Viqi French said...

lk!ao,

check your email. i sent back the questionnaire. thanks, again, for the invite to take part on your awesome site!!

6:26 AM  
Blogger Viqi French said...

akintoye,

being in l.a., i'll bet you've heard some good ol' bizarre stuff about my man snoop. give us the scoop sometime!

6:27 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home