Tuesday, February 21




E.v.e. ruff rydes with African royalty

This is mind-blowing. I've got a thing for the machinations of African dictators, and apparently so does rap star Eve of the Ruff Ryders. My twisted fascination with these elite power mongers led me to write a manuscript for a suspense novel years ago. In my story, the maniacal son of an African official enters the U.S. rap game as head of a record label. He is evil incarnate to everyone who does business with him, with the exception of a new female artist who has her very scandalous way with him. People suspect that something of the rap diva's Caribbean roots may be at play...

Fast-forward to the here and now. Rapper Eve It's as if Eve Jeffries picked up the signal of my story and is living the real la vida loco. She reportedly has been dating Teodorin Nguema Obiang, the son of Equitorial Guinea's wealthy, oil-fueled president.

Teodorin Nguema Obiang A 2004 U.S. Senate report found that Washington's Riggs Bank allowed Obiang and his associates to move millions out of government accounts into personal ones, reports the New York Daily News. The American-educated Teodorin holds the position of minister of state for forestry, environment and housing in his country, but reportedly spends most of the time at his mansions in Cape Town, London, Paris and Los Angeles. He also owns TNO Records, which, to date, hasn't produced many records, according to the Daily News.
People say "you can't make this stuff up." But I did -- complete with money laundering through the record label... Not that Mr. Obiang would ever do anything like that with his label. My characters aren't from Guinea, but otherwise, interesting similarities exist.

This news might encourage me to dust off the old manuscript and try to get it out. I don't know what the First Lady of the Ruff Ryder camp has been up to with her international playboy, Teodorin. But if she needs any ideas for how to work her connection to this intriguing family, I've got about 350 double-spaced pages of killer [*wink*] ideas to sell her. Good thing I did the copyright long before reading about this romance today.


Clicks to Miles Davis catalog, but explore as you like

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always wondered who old girl be kickin it wit. No wonder peeps don't hear that much about Eve love life. She swing with dat jet set, B!

3:31 PM  
Blogger Berry said...

You should try to sell it but not to her. LOL

5:22 PM  
Anonymous reale4real said...

I dig the hell outta E.V.E. I'll be glad when she drop something with Dr. Dre, as she supposed to be on his label now. No more Double R, but doing bigger things, left coast Doggy style.

6:28 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home